As a mother of three, I can honestly say the #1 thing you can do to get you through the day is to zero in your morning routine.
Most people don’t see their mornings as an investment. The first place you should begin is there. If you begin to see the 1st hour of your day as an investment rather than time you are wasting to do something else (IE: Sleep, work on a project, watch the local news etc.) then you can start the process towards a solid morning routine.
It’s convenient, simple worth the minimal investment.
That 20-30 minutes you spend in the morning towards your routine are an investment on your future health. You will feel better and increase production throughout the day.
So here is a few quick tips:
- Meditation: I use the Calm App for a minimum of 10 minutes a day. I highly recommend it.
- Make sure you feed your body with natural nutrients. I am always on the run so I normally have no time to waste so I rather take something that is simple and totally nutritious.
- Drink enough water: 70% of your body is water. Ideally drink at least 1 litre of water the moment you get up in the morning.
- Ensure quality sleep. I use the sleep cycle app to track sleeping. The app also wakes you up in the perfect sleep state to help you avoid that dreaded snooze button problem you have
- Be in bed before 10:45pm. Your body has a natural cortisol spike around 11pm and if you’re not asleep for it may keep you up too long. Also you should avoid blue light before bed as it disrupts your circadian rhythm and prevent you from sleeping deep enough.
Hope these tips help.